10 Years Health Guarantee - Rocky Mountain Biewer Terriers
This health guarantee now applies to all Biewer Terrier Puppies bred or sold by Rocky Mountain Biewer Terriers, Dolores CO, USA. (starting July 19, 2017)
- Health Check Policy — Before your puppy is sent home to you, he or she has undergone an extensive veterinary health check and all vaccination and deworming protocols have been followed to ensure your puppy arrives healthy and happy.
- Year 1 Health Guarantee — If, within one year of purchase, your puppy is found to have a life threatening congenital or hereditary condition, we will provide you with a replacement puppy of equivalent value.
- Years 2-10 Health Guarantee — If, after the first year, but before the tenth anniversary of your purchase, your puppy is found to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects your puppy's health, we will offer you a credit of 50% of your purchase price towards the purchase of another puppy from us.
You must fulfill these obligations, as explained herein, or this Health Guarantee will terminate and become null and void!
- You must have your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within three (3) business days of receipt of the puppy and, to ensure the health of your dog, you must visit the veterinarian on a regular basis, at least once a year, ensuring your dog receives proper health checkups and timely inoculations.
- Your puppy comes with up to date vaccinations. You therefore should not vaccinate the puppy within the first ten (10) days of receiving the puppy to avoid over vaccination.
- Do not over-exercise your dog during his or her growth period.
- These dogs are intended to be companion dogs; do not breed your dog.
Terms and Conditions of Health Guarantee
These terms and conditions only apply to Biewer Terrier Puppies bred by Rocky Mountain Biewer Terriers, Dolores CO, USA.
- Year 1: If within one (1) year from the date of purchase from Seller, a dog is found and certified by two (2) duly licensed doctors of veterinary medicine (DVMs) of Purchaser's choosing to have a life threatening congenital or hereditary condition, and if Seller is notified within five (5) business days of the first veterinarian's determination, the Seller will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value. Seller reserves the right to obtain a third opinion of Seller's choosing to determine the life threatening congenital or hereditary condition. All laboratory verification must be done by a licensed DVM.
- Years 2-10: If, between the first (1st) and tenth (10th) anniversary of the date of purchase from Seller, a dog is found and certified by two (2) duly licensed DVMs of Purchaser's choosing to have a life threatening congenital or hereditary condition, and if Seller is notified within five (5) business days of the first veterinarian's determination, the Seller shall issue a credit in the amount of fifty percent (50%) of the purchase price of the dog towards the purchase of a replacement puppy from Seller.
- Veterinary Costs: Veterinary costs are not covered by Seller.
- Purchaser Acknowledgments: Purchaser is aware that owning a puppy means frequent visits to a licensed DVM (at least once a year) and understands that he/she will be responsible for all costs associated with all veterinarian visits, such as but not limited to any veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including undescended testes. Failure of the Purchaser to provide puppy with timely inoculations or regular (at least once a year) veterinary care will void this Health Guarantee. Purchasers should follow a recommended nutritional program, including feeding only premium dog foods and vitamin supplements such as Nuvet. The dog should not be over exercised during their growth period.
Seller sells pets for companion purposes only. The dog must be spayed and neutered within 1 year of sale. If credible written proof is not given within one year to seller of the spay or neuter the seller is entitled to $10,000 in damages. If your dog is bred, this Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void. Temperament issues are not covered under this Health Guarantee as they can be caused by a number of factors outside control of Seller including, without limitation, lack of training, discipline or proper dog socialization. The owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the Seller.
- In addition to all the conditions set forth in this agreement, the following additional conditions shall apply and must be met or this Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void:
- The Purchaser must sign a Veterinarian Medical Records Release Form and have the puppy examined by a licensed DVM within three (3) business days of receipt of the puppy, for the puppy's New Puppy Examination (NPE). A copy of the examination (medical record) for the NPE must be sent to Rocky Mountain Biewer Terriers by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mailed to Rocky Mountain Biewer Terriers, PO Box 1523, Dolores, CO 81323, within seven (7) days of receipt of the puppy. The Purchaser shall not vaccinate the puppy within the first ten (10) days of receiving the puppy. Failure of the Purchaser to comply with the provisions of this sub-part (i) shall void this Health Guarantee.
- If the Purchaser declines any replacement puppy, then the Seller shall be under no further obligation and it shall be deemed that the Purchaser has released the Seller from any and all further claims and waived any rights to pursue any claims against the Seller.
- This Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void if the Purchaser fails to comply with any term in this Agreement regarding the care, maintenance, or medical treatments or procedures that the Purchaser is responsible for providing to the puppy. This Health Guarantee shall also terminate and become null and void if the Purchaser fails to comply with any term in the Puppy Purchase Contract.
- The value of the puppy for purposes of this Health Guarantee is limited to the Purchase Price of the puppy, and does not include taxes, shipping, health certificate and veterinarian costs, shipping crate or any additional costs or expenses incurred or asserted by the Purchaser. This Health Guarantee is non-transferable and is not valid for sales of any puppies delivered outside the United States and Canada.