You are receiving this information because you recently reserved one of our puppies. Please make sure you read the entire info, including all links before you fill out the puppy contract.
The Purchase Contract & Payment
You will find the Puppy Purchase Contract & Health Guarantee here. If you have already reserved your puppy with a deposit, please fill out the contract with your information. You cannot use a cellphone or tablet to fill out the contract. It has to be done on a Computer. You will need your puppy’s name, gender, color, and birthdate, which can all be found in the Puppy Description on our website. Please look in the “Reserved Puppies” section to find your puppy’s info, as it won’t be listed as available. If you reserved a puppy that is not listed on our website, please email or text us at (970) 882-3299 to request the necessary information for your puppy contract.
Once your contract has been filled out and signed by you, we will get notified automatically. We will sign the contract on our end before your puppy leaves here.
- Please enter the temporary name that we gave your puppy. (You can add the new name next to it)
- Please do not include any delivery fees (United Petsafe) when entering the purchase price for your puppy.
- Please do not enter a PO box address. Our veterinarian needs a physical address for the Health Certificate
- The Micro Chip Number and earliest travel date will be entered by us. You do not need to ask for it at this time.
- The “Acknowledgment of Receipt” can only be signed if your puppy is picked up in person at our home. The field is inactive to sign.
- The Info for the Colorado Rabies Brochure will be entered by us. You do not need to enter anything.
If your deposit was placed for a specific puppy on our website, the order confirmation email will state the name of the puppy. You can log in to your account on our website, find your order, and pay your balance. If you paid a deposit to be on the waiting list, (not for a specific puppy) please use the link for a manual payment on the bottom of our website “Make a Payment”.
Please make sure your puppy is paid in full no later than 48 hours prior to leaving our home.
FAQ - Purchase Contract
This puprchase contract cannot be printed. It is an E-Signature Document and you can fill it out on your phone, tablet or computer.
The Veterinarian Medical Record Release Form allows your veterinarian to release medical information like treatment plans, administered medications, dental procedures, test results, spay & neuter certificates, etc. to us.
Once the contract is signed by both parties, you will receive an email with the PDF that you can download and print for your records.
The Puppy Kit
Due to the high demand, we no longer ship the puppy kit ourselves. Please order the items for the puppy kit on Amazon by clicking on the links below. Each link will take you to the right product.
The Puppy Food & Treats
Please order the following 2 dog foods for your puppy and mix both bags together:
1 x 8 lb bag Life’s Abundance All Life Stages.
1 x 14 oz. bag of Primal Freeze-Dried Nuggets (crush in a blender, do not add water)
Our Puppies and adults are free fed. That means that they always have access to their kibbles. The puppies get 2 cooked meals and the adults get one cooked meal throughout the day. You will find pictures and meal ideas here on our website blog.
Please order the plates here.
To monitor your puppy’s weight, please make sure you have a kitchen scale available to take the weight of your puppy every 3 days.
Due to the varying kinds of Dog foods and environmental conditions Dog’s come in contact with, poor diets, Dog food recalls, and the fact that all puppies have immune systems that take time to mature, the terms of our health guarantee will not be honored unless they are given NuVet Plus immune system builder (powder), and the Life Abundance Dog Food Products, for at least the first year of our health guarantee.
Your puppy will start teething soon. Chewing is very important for the teething process and we encourage you to order bully sticks, meat strips and chews for your puppy here.
In addition to commercial dog foods, we also suggest offering your puppy homemade meals, including baked chicken thighs, shredded boiled chicken breast, scrambled eggs, low-fat cottage cheese, lean browned ground beef and cooked salmon.
Last but not least, please read this short article about dog food. We think it is very important that you are aware of this information! Thank you.
Other: Bone Broth,
The Flight Information
COVID-19 Travel Update:
The United PetSafe Program is temporarily suspended. If you are unable to pick up your puppy at our home, please contact Carmella via Text Message at (480) 284-3239 to arrange the delivery with her. She is employed with American Airlines and can travel with your puppy in cabin to you. Please understand that she will book the flight according to her schedule and other puppies that are traveling to their new families. To make this work, we all need to be flexible and maybe even drive a couple hours to a different airport.
The flight nanny will be paid directly by you at the delivery of your puppy. She will be using her own carrier and not deliver any purchases you made on our website. A pet carrier and other listed PetSafe travel accessories are not included in the “In Cabin Service”
Pet Carrier, Food & Water Dish, Blanket, and Info Material are not included with the Puppy Nanny Service. Please discuss any special delivery inquiries directly with her. Please do not request Puppy updates or videos from the Nanny, she will meet your puppy for the first time on the scheduled travel date.
(when things are back to normal)
If you are unable to pick up your puppy at our home, we will arrange the flight and all the required documents for your puppy.
Please understand that we will book the flight according to our schedule and other puppies that are traveling to their new families, in accordance with United Airline Policies. We will be able to send you the detailed flight information usually 5 days prior to the travel date. If you need more time to plan the pick up of your puppy at your airport, please email or text us at (970) 882-3299.
All puppies fly out of Durango, CO Airport (DRO) to Denver, and will be taken to their connecting flight in a temperature-controlled United PetSafe Vehicle by trained PetSafe Staff. (not buy the luggage guys). If the connection to your nearest airport requires multiple layovers or a very long layover, we might choose to fly your puppy to a different airport within reasonable driving distance (up to 3 hours) of your provided home address. You can check here to learn more about the puppy pick up location at your airport.
FAQ - Flight
You cannot pick the flight for your puppy because we might not be available that day to drive (1 1/2 hours) to the airport. The airline also requires photos, and certain documents in order to make a reservation. Not all united flights are eligible to transport a puppy onboard so you might see flights available online that will not work to send your puppy. United has certain layover and capacity requirements. We do have an account with United PetSafe and will be able to select a United PetSafe eligible flight for your puppy.
The veterinarian Health Certificate is attached to your puppy’s airline carrier. It has the micco chip number, latest vaccines and deworming information. Please take the Health Certificate to the first vet visit!
The Pick up at the Airport
- You will need your ID and the AWB number provided in the flight details. The name of the pickup person in the reservation needs to match the ID.
- Some Airports have a Cargo Facility Location that is usually around the corner and some Airports handle traveling pets at the ticket or baggage counter. You can check here to find out about your Airport’s PetSafe Pick Up Location.
We will send you the AirWayBill number for your Biewer Puppy’s flight reservation and you can track your Biewer Puppy here. You will be able to see all the flight numbers and departure/landing times. We recommend to also check the flight status of your Biewer Puppy to make sure flights are on time. Sometimes a flight is delayed or arrives early and you want to make sure you will be ready to pick up your puppy when the flight lands. The easiest way to check the flight status is to enter the flight number into Google Search or use a Flight Tracker App.
- Please bring the Nutri-Cal to give to your Biewer Puppy when it arrives. Nutri-Cal is a high-calorie supplement used for stressed or traveling pets. 1-2 cc 3 times a day for at least one week.
- Please do not have your Biewer Puppy go potty at the airport or a gas station. These places are high traffic areas and they are not clean and not safe for your puppy! You can put a potty pad on the floor in your car and see if your puppy wants to go potty.
- Most puppies don’t eat during the travel and it is very important that your puppy catches up and eats something as soon as possible. Please give 1 cc of Nutri-Cal paste with the 1cc syringe once you are back at your car. Put a little bowl of boiled chicken & water and see if it is hungry, thirsty.
- Please take a few minutes of time before you get on the road again to drive home.
The Pick up at our home
You are welcome to pick up your puppy at our home in Dolores. You will need to schedule an appointment (day and time) 2 weeks prior to your visit. It is important that you are on time because we usually meet with several families on the same day.
Directions: Drive to Dolores, CO, in Dolores turn North at 11th street and drive up the hill. The first road you can turn west is V.6. Our log home is on the right side of the road.
We are home – now what?
- Once you arrive at home with your puppy, it will all be very exciting and overwhelming and your puppy might be distracted and not eat, even though it is very hungry. Make sure it gets food, water, and rest. Most puppies get really excited and want to check out the new home and the family and they forget to eat or sleep. It is important that your Biewer Puppy gets some rest and also gets a good meal. You can order a little baby gate and put your Biewer Puppy in a small room, maybe a guest bathroom or a laundry room … but make sure it doesn’t get “locked away” from everything. With the baby gate, you can leave the door open but your Biewer Puppy will be safe in a restricted area for some time here and there so it can focus on food, water, and rest. Put food, water bed, potty pad, and chew toys in that little room so your puppy has everything it would need while it spends time in the “recovery area”.
- The gums should be pink and wet. If the gums are pale, bone-colored, grey, and not pink, then your puppy has a low sugar level (hypoglycemia). If your puppy’s gums are sticky and dry, then your puppy is dehydrated and needs more water. You can use the syringe to hand feed some water if it will not drink on its own.
- Check your puppy’s gums 3 times a day!
Reverse sneezing is a condition that affects all types of dogs, but more commonly smaller dogs such as little Terriers, and brachycephalic breeds. It is a “paroxysmal” respiratory response, meaning that it comes in spasm-like episodes just like “traditional’ sneezing. Biewer puppies might do it when they are excited, after waking up or after drinking water. Some do it a lot and some do it less. As they get older, they usually grow out of it and only don’t reverse sneeze very often at all. There is nothing you need to do or to worry about. If you really want to help stop it, just rub your pup’s throat gently or you can also try to cover the nostrils for a few seconds.
Life Saving Information
Some human foods are toxic to dogs. Make sure your puppy will never have access to any of them. Please explain it to your children!!!!
A raisin dropped from a bag of trail mix can end deadly for your puppy. A piece of gum with artificial sweetener in it can kill your puppy!
These foods are toxic to dogs:
- Grapes, Raisins
- Coffee, Tea, and Caffeine (watch your compost pile!)
- Xylitol (artificial sweetener in gum, candy, toothpaste, and other sweets, even some types of peanut butter)
- High salty foods
- Gum and Candy (explain it to your kids)
- Yeast Dough
- Milk and Dairy (except low-fat cottage cheese & goat milk)
- Fatty foods
- Onion, Garlic, Chives
Never leave your puppy unsupervised near a swimming pool. Fix all holes in doors, gates, and fences before you bring your puppy home. Get a life vest for your puppy and show him where the stairs are and how to get out of the pool. There are products like a Swimming Pool Alarm or Pool Escape that you can buy online.
Pet insurance Top-Rated Pet Insurance Plan, #1 Customer-Rated 2010 – 2020, No maximum annual or lifetime payouts, 99% of claims processed within two days.
Spay & Neuter
In order to maintain the quality of our extended breeding program and continue to improve and develop our lines, all puppies will be graded and offered as either pet or for show/breeding. Pets are required to be spayed/neutered and show puppies need to exhibited before the breeding rights are released. Puppies purchased as pets may never be bred.
Mandatory Spay & Neuter Agreement: We require our puppies to be spayed or neutered (permanent surgical sterilization) within 12 months of the purchase date. Under no circumstances should the puppy be bred. That means females should not give birth to a litter and males should not father/sire a litter at any time. Please carefully read the Buyer’s Representations in Section 5 of the purchase contract. Credible written proof of spay/neuter, in the form of a letter from the veterinarian or a copy of the procedure receipt, is required to fulfill this obligation. Failure to provide credible written proof within the first year will result in legal action.
Show & Breeding Rights
Occasionally we place an exceptional puppy in a “Show Home.” Selected puppies from our breeding program are available to homes serious about exhibiting them in conformation events in either American Kennel Club or United Kennel Club. Breeding rights become available once the puppy has been awarded either 15 AKC points (CM, Certificate of Merit) or 100 UKC points (Champion title).
AKC Papers, Pedigree & Microchip
There is a widely held belief that “AKC” or “AKC papers” and the quality of a puppy are one and the same. The AKC is a dog registry. AKC does not breed or sell dogs, it will not guarantee the quality or health of dogs in its registry.
If you purchase an AKC Registration Certificate for a puppy sold on a pet contract (no show & breeding rights), you will receive a Limited AKC Registration Certificate. The certificate identifies the dog as the offspring of a known sire and dam born on a known date. The pedigree is a 3-generation family tree that provides registered names, registration numbers, and available coat colors for 14 immediate ancestors in your dog’s family tree. If you purchase AKC Registration for your puppy with us, we will register the puppy in your puppy with AKC, after you received your puppy. The process can take up to 4 weeks, and for pedigrees sometimes longer.
All Biewer Puppies are microchipped when they leave our home. If you purchased the Microchip Registration through our website, we will register your puppy with your contact information with AKC Reunite. Otherwise, please go to www.AKCreuite.org and register your puppy as soon as you received her/him.
You can purchase the AKC Chip Registration, AKC Certificate, and Pedigree here.
Embark DNA Test
Please read here.